The mission of the membership of St. James Baptist Church is to be led according to the principles of Ephesians 4 by:
- Embracing ;- the diverse and African American heritage of this community, as we discover God's will for all of creation through fellowship and prayer with forgiving, kind and compassionate attitudes.
- Empowering - the membership to proclaim the reconciling word of God to meet the spiritual, physical, intellectual and emotional needs of those seeking a meaningful relationship with God.Exemplifying - in worship the love of God and the spirit of Christ through joyful celebration, proclamation, praise, gospel songs, and dance.
- Educating - the people of faith in this community in the knowledge of God’s word to shape our lives and to reach our full potential in Christ.
- Encouraging - the membership to discover, to develop, and to demonstrate their God given gifts to serve the needs of this community.
- Serving the community that exemplifies the love of Christ through sacrificial giving of ourselves, talents, gifts, resources and through practical ways of understanding and addressing the needs of the community. But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. ~ James 1:22
- Joining in ministry by uniting in our values and beliefs so that we may serve the community. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.~ Matt. 18:20
- Believing that acting upon our faith, standing on His word, and trusting Him with His promises, that we can develop ministries, grow ministries and take ministry outside of these walls. I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. ~ Phil. 4:13
- Covenanting with both God and one another to fulfill the Great Commission by training our leaders, educating the members, encouraging our youth, and exemplifying the love of Christ by our acts and deeds to our community. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the son, and of the Holy Ghost... ~ Matt. 2